Functional Movement System
The Functional Movement System is a systematic tool which identifies asymmetries within movement patterns. Functional movement systems is comprised of two different screenings/assessments, the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA).
Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Work with a Certified FMS Specialist to test seven basic movement patterns
- Identify weaknesses and asymmetries which increases risk for injury
- FMS will create an individualized program with the FMS 360 software based on your score
- Track and monitor progress.
- If you are a current patient, your first Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is FREE!
Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Individuals who experience pain during the initial FMS screen will be referred to work with a Physical Therapist
- Assessment provides an efficient method to find the cause of the pain/ailment by diagnosing the problem as a stability and/or mobility/motor control issue
- Clinicians can create and implement interventions to treat the pain and improve dysfunctions
Who is the FMS Designed For?
- Prevent injury
- Advance Performance Training
- Improve functionality and quality in movements
- Designed for all healthy, active people
- Baseline for healthy, inactive individuals who want to increase physical activity
- Improve functionality
- Prevent re-injury
- Develop a new baseline
- Improve the quality of movement patterns